Sunday, August 03, 2008

Pirate Party

Jayden is turning 4 on Tuesday and has never had a friend birthday party (whereas Kylie has had one every year except one--I promise it's not a favorites thing, just a second child thing, which still isn't much better). This year he has been so excited about having a birthday party and decided he wanted to go the pirate route. I had a hard time finding pirate gear (I guess Pirates of the Carribean is soooo last year), so I had to be a little creative (thanks to my mom and sister for some great ideas too!) I sewed up some pirate bandanas that they decorated, along with cardboard swords, eye patches and treasure maps. We played some games, ate some pizza, had a treasure hunt, opened presents and finished up with cupcakes and ice-cream. It was a fun little party, the boys were all so cute. I was a little nervous having six other little 4 year olds running around, but they were all so adorable and well behaved. Kylie was also really cute to help out. She took her role as the oldest one at the party very seriously and helped organize the games and helped out with the crafts. It was a fun day and Jayden was so excited to finally have a party that I think he could really care less about his real birthday coming up! (treasure hunt)

6 comments:

Chelsea said...

you mean 5 four year olds and one two year old running around! thanks for inviting Kosty, it was really good for him to get the social experience he is lacking! he had so much fun and slept with his sword and coins. You really did a great job, I was so impressed with your cute details!

MommyRohner said...

Thanks for having Grady over! He had so much fun and he loves wearing his pirate bandana and eye patch. Great sewing, by the way.

Janessa said...

How cute is that little Chinese pirate?! I love that boy!!! You did such an awesome job with all the pirate accessories. I am so impressed!!! I'm glad Jayden enjoyed his first ever, birthday party. Looks like a cute bunch of pirates. Very well done!

Jodee said...

I love it, your swords and hats turned out way better than anything you could have found at a store! I love it! He looks SO happy!

Michelle Y. said...

I loved Janessa's comment about the Chinese pirate..he really is the cutest. I am so sad that we barely missed his party. Jayden is Tanner's best friend and I am glad we can get them together this week. Have a great day!

DAVE AND CANDACE BOLLARD said...

Looks like the pirate party was a hit! Courtney and Jayden would really hit it off. She is so done with little girls and the girly stuff. I loved reading the story of his birth. I don't think I really ever heard it, so it was cute. Wish I could have been there for your birthday. It's so not fair as we get older. You'd think the birthdays and parties would get so much better but it usually just ends up being another day.