Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Party Time!

Thanks everyone for making my b-day special! I feel like I'm getting so old, now that I'm 27 and one year closer to 30! But having a pirate b-day cake and spending the day at Makutu's Island sure is one way to make me feel young again! Jayden's birthday is the day after mine and since it was on a Sunday we celebrated a little bit on Saturday for him too.

That morning I took Kylie for some girl time and pampering, it was so fun. We went and got manicures and pedicures and she was about to burst with excitement. She thought that she was so big sitting up on the chair just like everyone else. They had fingernail polish in every color of the rainbow, but of course she had to pick this putrid green color (it reminded her of Ariel...). It was also funny, because so many times when other Asian people see my kids they always make a big deal about the "halfers" and it seems that every nail salon is employed strictly by Asians, and so as soon as we sit down our lady had to gather all of her friends and even the owner to come and gush over the cute little mixed girl. I'm beyond getting offended, I just think it's funny. We had a great time, though.

We spent the afternoon at Makutu's Island which is this indoor gymnasium thing that has TONS of tunnels, bridges, slides, etc. The kids had a blast and we all left with sore knees from crawling through all those plastic tubes.












Jennifer was so nice to watch the kids while Jason took me out to dinner to Joe's Grill (you get a free dinner on your b-day there, which totally beats a scoop of ice-cream with singing waitresses). We also hit the dollar store because I had to get some stuff for Jayden's b-day and Jason had fun picking out a present for me there (sweet, huh?) He scored when he got this great knife set for a buck, ha! ha! He got it for me because Jennifer and I love staying up until midnight watching this ridiculous infomercial called "The Knife Show". It is run by this hick with the strongest accent and he always says the funniest stuff--it's one of those "you've got to see it for yourself" to really appreciate the quality of such television viewing. We had some good laughs and it was just nice spending time with Jason. Thanks for a wonderful birthday!

10 comments:

The Morris Fam said...

Happy Birthday Jamie! So what day is your birthday so I can have it now! 27- you are still way young! I'll be turning 29 in February... yikes!

Diana said...

I just turned 27, too--yikes. It didn't hit me until I had to punch in 27 as my age on the treadmill instead of 26. For some reason 27 seems so much older than 26--what do you think?

kemptons said...

I feel like a horrible friend... Happy Birthday. What is the actual date. I need to put it in my birthday calendar so I can be a better friend next time. To me birthdays feel like just another day but even just a phone call wishing me Happy Birthday means the world. It sometimes makes me cry to think someone besides my mom remembered my birthday. SOOOOO HAPPY BIRTHDAY.

Michelle Y. said...

I love Kylie's green nail polish, that is so funny. How fun to have a daughter to do those fun girly things with. Thanks so much for watching Tanner for me today. You are such a great friend and I hope you had a great b-day.

Selena said...

Happy Late birthday! I am glad you guys got to have so much fun, and I am so excited to see that blurb thingy! very cool. Thanks for sharing!

Chelsea said...

Oh, what a fun day! "halfers" you are a riot. But how can they resist her beauty?! She is a doll. I am not jealous at all that you have a DAUGHTER to go do those things with. (LIE!) Lucky. And what the heck, do you belong to some secret underground "FREE" club? how do you know where to score all the freebies!? That is truly a gift my dear. Thank you for watching my lil Kosty today. I hope he wasnt too much for you! I'm so grateful he had an opportunity to be "socialized" for once in his life!

Jodee said...

Leave it to Jamie, she may not have a great sense of smell, but she can sniff out a good deal anywhere! Thats why I love you Jame, Joes grill and the dollar store, I love it! But your so right, all you need is time, who cares what you do, as long as your together! Happy birthday! And no, your not old, you look like one of the kids in that picture of you climbing at Makutus.

Sheba Price said...

Jamie, I think you should have your own show on how to save money! And I will be your #1 fan! I need to learn from you. Just for your 411 I think they honor your Birthday at the theaters too. Free movie! And Baskin Robbins gives you free ice cream. I need to know some more freebies for your birthday! So if anyone knows more, let me know! Although, my birthday runs into Thanksgiving which totally sucks because I am to full to do any of those things and not only that they are closed! UGGG! Anyway, You should do a freebie book for Arizonans!

What a fun time you had with Kylie! Did the girls at the salon talk to you the whole time? They always talk to me when I have my kids with me and all I want to do is just lay there and enjoy my pedi! I hope Jayden had a great birhday as well! Talk to you soon!

Janessa said...

I'm so glad you had a fun birthday! You look so cute in those pictures crawling around in the tunnels and all. You're such a great mom! As soon as I started reading about the part where Jason bought you the knife set I was totally thinking about the knife show. I think I must not have watched it long enough to see the real good stuff. Although I do have to say the hunting knife set with the complementary tea set was winner! (what kind of a combo is that?) I love the pedicure picture of Kylie. She looks like a princess on her throne. Again, more awesome mom points on that one! Hope you enjoyed your free meal. You're the best!!!

Kristin said...

I love this place...I hpe you had a blast!