Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Happy Birthday, Jayden!





Oh, my little monkey, it's your big day! Three years ago we all went out to dinner for my birthday and while we were at the restraunt I started having contractions. That night we went to the hospital and then TWENTY hours later you were finally born! (the first picture in the video is of the day before you were born) It has been fun having our birthdays only a day apart! Ever since Kylie's birthday in May, you have been so excited for your own birthday. Each party that we go to you think that every present is holding a special Thomas train just for you! As your birthday came closer I forgot to get your presents out from the back of the car and you thought that you hit the jackpot when you found so many Thomas trains! Whenever anyone came over you would take their hand and show them the trains in the car (multiple times). Then I made the mistake of letting you just carry one of the boxes around. You asked for the box every morning when you woke up and you dragged it in the car everywhere we went. Inevitably after a couple of days of this, we found you hiding behind the couch with the box ripped to shreds. You were so excited when your birthday finally came and you told anyone that would listen that it was your birthday and that you were "tee ode" (three years old). When you said your prayers that night, you sang the "Happy Birthday" song to Jesus and then ended with "amen". Sometimes when you say your prayers you pray for Thomas and all his friends by name and then end with your own rendition of the Thomas theme song. It always puts a smile on my face and a warm spot in my heart. I tried making a pirate treasure chest cake for you, but it didn't quite turn out as good as the one that aunt Nessa made, but you were so cute and got so excited about it. It was a fun birthday and I'm proud of you for the big boy that you're becoming! Here are just a few of my favorite things about you....

-I love when you've done something naughty then you come up to me with this sweet little munchkin face where you squint your eyes all up and have a huge closed mouth grin. That's my cue to go check in the other room.

-you are so friendly and loving. It makes me a little nervous around strangers, like the warranty guy who was covered in tattoos and you kept running up to him giving him hugs and taking his hand to show him your trains.....we'll have to have a talk about that, but I love how you are so sweet and have such a big heart!

-I love the way you talk! I am so sad that you are starting to outgrow some of my favorite words. You used to call yourself Gi-Gi, but now when I try to call you that you always correct me and say "no, me 'dayden'". You are just growing up too fast! But I will always love your sweet little words that only I can understand.

-Your obsession with trains and trucks cracks me up! You will sit for hours and push them back and forth, back and forth, back and forth....You could care less if I had to drop you off at someone else's house, as long as they have trains to play with!

-You always wake up happy! I can hear your little feet pitter patter into our room and I hear a cheery "hi mom!" If I'm lucky you'll snuggle in bed with me for a little bit, but usually you like to just go watch Dora.

-My favorite is when you're in the middle of playing and you'll come up to me and say, "mom, mom, mom" until I say "what" and then you say "hi" and run back to what you were doing. It melts my heart!

You are such a sweet boy! Dad, Kylie and I all love you soooo much and love the extra spice that you bring to our lives! Happy birthday!

10 comments:

Jodee said...

Yay, Jayden, Happy Birthday buddy! You are such a sweet kid! I love your sweet little grin and your cute words that only mommy can understand. You are a sweet boy with a huge heart.

Jame, I loved all the pictures and that video made me laugh so hard! He is such a cute boy. You are so wrong when you say he was an ugly baby, I think he was, and still is, adorable. Happy birthday to you and your sweet boy! We love you all!

Chelsea said...

Happy Birthday GiGi! I love the slide show, even as a baby it totally looks like him! I swear my kids dont look the same as when they were babies. He is such a lil cutie. And cute video! Brayden watched it with me and he is still asking, "wait, how does Jayden jump in like that?!"

kemptons said...

Happy Birthday Jayden. We love the princess outfits. Love the video Jamie. You did a great job...

Janessa said...

Happy Birthday! What a sweet tribute, Jamie. Jayden is such a sweetheart! I'm so glad we've been able to spend so much time with him and get to know his sweet little personality. The slide show was so sweet. You look great in that picture the day before you had him! That picture with the orange in his mouth cracked me up. I also loved the picture of him wearing the princess clothes and holding a monster truck in his hand. Nice balance. I totally love the Gi-Gi dance. So funny! We love you Jayden!!!

Melissa Stadler said...

You crack me up Jamie. Jayden sounds like such a sweetheart and makes me want to just hug the little guy. I love the part about him being friendly to strangers - even the ones covered in tatoos - and that you will need to talk about that later. He is such a handsome little guy!

Also, you get the "Wife of the Week" Award (just made that one up) for letting Jason go to Bourne Ultimatum with the guys without you, after date night. So nice!!!

Tiffany said...

Jamie-It's so fun to see your cute family and what you're up to! Blogs really are such a fun way to keep in touch! Hope you guys are doing well!

MommyRohner said...

Happy Birthday Jayden!

The video was so funny. Cute Family.

The Morris Fam said...

I love it Jamie! Jayden is so darling. You do such a great job writing down all the precious moments. You're kids will be so glad that you did!

DAVE AND CANDACE BOLLARD said...

I can't believe your baby is three. You are so sweet to make that cute slideshow. I love the video of them swimming too.

Sheba Price said...

Jamie so cute! Happy B-lated birthday to Jayden! The stories are so cute! I love the prayers!

Jamie, and yes where were you on Friday night? I was there and so was every one else! I thought Jason was kidding when I asked him where you were and he said, "she is not here." I then said, "no really where is Jamie?" It was pretty funny! I don't think he is allowed to go to the movies without you! We missed you! You have to see Bourne! It was really good! Talk to you later!