Wednesday, July 11, 2018

May Little Things

May started out with the Father's and Son's campout. I still need to get pictures off Jason's phone of the actual campout, but they did bring the boat up and Jayden figured out how to hit the wake just right to launch into some pretty big air. It was a proud moment for Jason, as you can imagine. Jayden also started a lawn mowing business a little while ago, but I don't know if I've mentioned it before. He made up fliers and took it around to the neighbors and so far has two clients. I love his ambition. He also started another side business called, "let's sell all my old toys to my brothers". I'm not quite as proud at this business venture. He is also obsessed with getting a new phone and regularly checks Offer Up for a good deal. He frantically texts me and Jason from school that he found the perfect phone. If it's too good to be true then it probably is. Upon further investigation, the seller posted that he "found it in da club". Of course we find this out after Jayden first gives him his name and our address. Needless to say another stranger danger lecture ensued and he is no longer allowed on Offer Up. I don't think we'll ever let him live down "da club" incident. I love this kid, even if he laughs at me for going to book club. Actually they all laugh at me and can't figure out why in the world anyone would want to read a book then get together to talk about it. 


Our friend Jennie turned 40 so Melissa and I surprised her with indoor skydiving. I won't lie I was pretty nervous, like sweaty armpits nervous. It wasn't nearly as scary as I thought, the hardest part was just being closed into the glass cylinder with everyone while we took turns. The door locked from the outside and I felt so claustrophobic, but besides that it was a cool experience and I loved stepping outside my comfort zone! We grabbed dinner afterwards and loved catching up with these great friends.




Maddox researched Galileo for his bottle person project. We had fun making it together and he enjoyed learning more about him. I just love this kid. He goes through phases where he is obsessed with something. Take for instance, the plant phase. It becomes all consuming, it's all thinks about and all he talks about. His current obsession is money. Particularly how to get more. We saw signs of this obsession blossoming when he started his cleaning business, but it has reached an all time high. Don't get me wrong, I love that he wants to work hard to earn money, but it is literally all he talks about. He is so great to spend every Saturday outside helping Jason. He is such a great helper and hard worker and will go above and beyond on any task. And constantly reminds Jason that he accepts tips. He has also started a back rubbing business. $1 for 10 minutes, it's not too bad and he has gotten some really good back rubbing techniques. He keeps a list of his clients, has a contract to sign and has even come up with coupons and frequent buyer punch cards. I think my personal favorite business venture was convincing Ryder to pay him $1 and he would be his slave for a day. It didn't last long.The best was when he was helping me paint a room and didn't want to go on the ladder because he has a "job and family to think about". Glad he takes his back rubbing job so seriously. He is also vigilant about paying his tithing for every little cent he made that week. He has Jason pick up a tithing envelop every Thursday when he is at the church playing basketball so that he can have the slip signed and envelop sealed before church on Sunday. So many little things about this cute boy that I want to remember. Oh, and he and Ryder have some sort of imaginary friend called Jeff. Not sure where it came from but anytime they mention Jeff they both crack up laughing. Jeff also gets blamed for a lot of things. 


We had end of the year assemblies and awards. Super proud of Jayden for receiving the Principal's Award for having straight A's all year. In fact he has had straight A's for the past 3 years, love his hard work and dedication.






My favorite day of the year came, Mother's Day. Love the sweet homemade cards and gifts, Maddox made me a modge podge candle and Ryder decorated a ceramic tile with a picture of us. Kylie picked out the sweetest necklace with two circles linked together and a sweet note card about being linked together. I wear it every day. And Jayden forgot to do anything, but I got a hug and for a 13 year old boy that's probably about all I can ask for. Jason was disappointed that the bishopric wasn't doing cinnamon rolls for the RS so he stayed up until 1:00 in the morning to make sure I had my homemade Mother's Day cinnamon rolls, it was the most romantic and thoughtful gesture. So grateful for this family of mine, I'm the luckiest mom.


One of my sweet laurels, Brinley, is going on a mission to Florida and I was grateful for the chance to to go through the temple with her. Love getting to know these girls as I serve in YW, they are such amazing girls and a blessing in my life.


I love these leaders that I get to serve with so much as well!


Kylie and Kennedy held a month long dance camp to earn money for girls camp and had a little performance at the end. It was so cute and they did such a great job, loved eavesdropping on their Saturday classes, Kylie makes the cutest teacher!


Kylie came downstairs one morning wearing almost the exact same outfit as one of my favorite outfits in highschool. Of course I had to dig up a picture. It's so funny to see the styles all coming back...stone washed jeans, zipper jeans, thermal tops, Doc Martens, Birkenstocks, overalls, ribbed shirts, platform shoes...if only I had saved my entire wardrobe from my senior year! 




The kids had water day at school. Actually it was more of "water hour", but they sure had fun! Grateful for the wonderful friends, teachers and experiences they've had this year.












The PTO held an end of the year pool party at Mesquite Groves Pool. It was the perfect evening, the kids had the best time and we got a sneak peek to what lies ahead this summer.







And then came the last day of school! I was able to go and help out with Maddox and Ryder's class parties, which 25 kids loaded up with sugar on any given day is crazy town, but having 25 kids loaded up on sugar on the last day of school and it is just a mad house! Love the energy and excitement in the air, it brings back memories from my own last days of school. That feeling of freedom and the promise of summer adventures and good things to come.



The boys and I celebrated with Bahama Bucks. Kylie and Jayden celebrated with friends, sadly we don't seem to see much of them these days. Here's to the end of a great school year and the beginning of another awesome summer!


No comments: