Monday, March 20, 2017

Wet & Wild

Water season is officially upon us, and I'm not too mad about it. Yet. The kids are out on spring break and we're taking full advantage of the lack of schedule to sleep in, be lazy and get sopping wet. Tyson's family moved right around the corner from us and even though they were only 10 minutes away before it's so nice having them only a golf cart ride away. They came over for a water day, the kids loved it, Jason was concerned about his grass getting ruined. He texted me mid day and asked how the grass was. I responded "wet". Which apparently can only mean one thing to a guy. He texted back something dirty, only Kylie was looking at pictures on my phone when he sent it and now she is scarred for life. Good times.  








Love how much he loves his Claire berry. He keeps begging me to have another baby, they all do. I keep trying to tell them that this shop is closed for business. At least they have her to dote on.


We killed a few hours at the Basha pool. Ryder can touch the bottom in the semi-deep pool and has become quite the little swimmer so for the first time he was free to hang out with the boys with out me tagging along two steps behind. The umbilical cord was cut and he was in heaven and I didn't know what to do with my self as I joined the ranks of side line moms. He tried the diving board for the first time and was hooked.





He kept going over and over and over and over. After a while this was the scene, Jayden and Maddox worn out and sun bathing while Ryder is in the background hitting the diving board on repeat. Funny boy.


We took the boat out for the maiden voyage of the season and it always feels good to stretch out under the sun with the wind in your hair. We were sad Kylie wasn't able to come, she had a dance competition, but we had such a chill and enjoyable day with the boys. We listened to "Something Just Like This" on repeat and it was so fitting. It's Jason's new favorite song, he also listened to that same song on repeat for four miles straight when we went running a few nights later. Funny boy. I have a feeling years from now that song will come on the radio and it will take me back to this exact moment. And it's a pretty good moment to revisit.














2 comments:

Just me said...

Reading you takes my mind to summer. Always, always love your blog.

Elle patte said...

Beautiful day! Where is this?