Monday, March 20, 2017

Renaissance Festival


I got to spend the day with these goof balls on a field trip to the Renaissance Festival. Twelve year old boys are something else. On the threshold of adolescence but not quite ready to let go of the boyhood joys like fart jokes and movie quotes. The awkward encounters with girls, their insatiable appetites, the funny things they decided to spend their money on and the countless "juju on the beat" dance moves. The entire bus singing Taylor Swift acapella and Jayden gushing about his crush. It was quite a day. And I loved every minute of it. My favorite part is that Jayden still thinks I'm cool. That ship has set sail long ago with Kylie, but this kid still thinks I'm the bees knees and I'm eating up every bit of it. I mean, not to toot my own horn, but I did bring Sour Patch Kids for his friends after all. Loved spending a little one on one time with this boy of mine, he melts my heart. 







No comments: