Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Maddox's Baby Blessing

I have this fear that one of these times we won't have family visiting for a baby blessing and it will only be Jason and the bishop standing in the circle, thankfully that wasn't the case this time. We were excited to have family here to celebrate this special day. Unfortunately they all had to leave right after sacrament meeting since they were driving back to Vegas and Utah, but we still had fun with some friends who came over for a luncheon. I think we ended up with around 35 people, which was a little crazy at times with kids running everywhere, but we loved having so many great friends and family to share the day with. Maddox pretty much slept the day away. The only time he was awake was during the blessing, Jason said he was so cute as he was just looking all around. Oh yeah, and he was awake during the pictures, which he cried the entire time. Oh well, you win some and you lose some. We're just so happy to have this little man in our family, we love you Maddox!
The Jolleys (yes, Jason is still wearing his church socks. Don't ask.)

The Youngs




He just started smiling and it totally melts my heart every time. Love the little tongue sticking out. Love the little wink. Love the little dimple. Love this little guy.

16 comments:

Kandice said...

It is always nice to have family come for these things, I'm glad they were there. I love your family picture, it turned out really cute even though Maddox is screaming. And you look so great.

Kathi said...

Maddox is so cute! We are blessing Ella on Sunday. Cant wait to put her in that cute little dress :).

The Crazy Wyatt Fam said...

How sweet is that little man of yours! I love him! And you look fabulous like always. I can't believe how fast you swing back into shape!!

Jodee said...

love that last picture! And can I just say, you are the hottest momma out there! I am so glad you guys had family and friends surrounding you on such a special day! He is adorable!

Nichols Family said...

Oh. My. Goodness! Cutest boy EVER! Of course I love the last picture too! :)

Bunch of Brooks' said...

What a beautiful family you have! Maddox is a very cute baby, and I along with your other friends, LOVE that last picture. It almost looks like he's winking at you!! Super cute!

Heidi Ann said...

Winking already, he'll be quite the ladies man. you look way to good, I'm jealous! I met your e-neighbor, Kerri I think. She was so sweet to come chat with us, she was even in the OR with Jersey. I'm totally requesting her for Jersey's additional procedures!! Your little man is SO handsome!

Janessa said...

That last picture just melts my heart! I love the spikey hair too:) Is that on purpose so he'll match Jayden or is it just happening? He's totally chunking out. Kiss those cute chubby cheeks for me! I'm so glad you were able to have family there for his blessing. I wish we could have made it too. Your family picture turned out so great. You look so good, Jame! I'm so jealous that Kylie is still totally in her summer clothes. We're all snowy and freezing over here! Tell Jason I'm lovin' the socks. He's got something goin' there:)

ann said...

What a great smile!
Glad you could share that day with family. There's nothing better.

Pays said...

Congratulations on the big day!! It is always nice to have family there for the big events. I'm also jealous of the warm clothes...it's to cold here!! Cute pictures!

Shanen said...

You are so lucky to have so many friends and family members come into town. What a great day. He is adorable and that last picture would melt anyones heart.

Julie said...

I wish I would have known that you were having your baby blessing....We would have loved to come!!I am so glad that you had a great day with your family!!! He is just such a doll...What a beautiful smile!

Jessica 洁玲 said...

LOVE THE PICS...and the dimples...priceless! You should totally take the BYU score! I bet you'd score higher than me...just b/c I have virtually no BYU spirit.

Jessica 洁玲 said...

i meant BYU quiz...what am i on?

Andrea said...

Maddox is so cute. What a fun day - always great to be with family.

Amber! said...

I LOVE that picture. It is so priceless! I'm glad so many people were able to get out to see the blessing. And by the way, you look so fantastic. You do NOT need to lose more weight, my friend!