Wednesday, December 31, 2008

CaliJason's cousin got married in Cabo in November but since we weren't able to go we were excited when they decided to have a wedding dinner in California. It was nice to be able to celebrate with them and have an excuse for a little vacation. It was a little crazy leaving the morning after Christmas, but it was worth it once we got there. I was a little (okay, alot) nervous about how Maddox would do in the car since he has decided that he hates driving. He did good and slept for most of the drive, but when he wasn't sleeping then he was crying. We pulled in around 5:15 and thought that the dinner started at 6:00, so instead of checking into our hotel we changed our clothes in the car. It sounds simple enough, but it was quite the scene with 2 cranky kids who wanted to get out and run around, a screaming baby, clothes flying everywhere. I think people thought that we were homeless people living out of our car. We had to laugh when we showed up at 5:45 and were the only ones there since apparently it didn't start until 6:30. The dinner was great, okay so I admit that I passed on the duck and other authentic dishes but when it came to the fried rice--bring it on! It was just a lot of fun to see cousins and extended family members that we hadn't seen in years. The next day we had a blast at Knotts Berry Farm with Jason's brother and sister and their families (Jessica was a party pooper and didn't want to come with us :). The kids were in heaven running around with all their cousins, the weather was perfect and the lines were so short, it was great. Maddox stayed in the stroller for all of 5 minutes, then I had to carry him in the sling the rest of the day. My shoulder was killing me, but atleast he was happy. We spent pretty much the whole day in Camp Snoopy, except for the one roller coaster I went on with DeEtte and then the 2 that Jason went on with Allen. Okay Jay, I admit that I am getting old since I was nervous to go on it, so you have to admit that you're getting old since you got sick on the silver bullet :). We got there when it opened and stayed until the kids were freezing their little hineys off, it was definately a fun day. The next day we had a luncheon at Jason's aunt's house. The food was yummy and the kids were excited to have another excuse to run around with their cousins. It was nice to have the chance to get to know Anya's husband better and relax before heading back to Phoenix. It was a short, but fun trip. On the way home I asked Jayden what his favorite part of the trip was. I thought he would say Knotts Berry Farm, or playing with his cousins, but no....it was the hotel, go figure.

5 comments:

Jodee said...

Ah yes, the Young children and their love of hotels... what a fun get away! I wish we were that close to LA still!

Michelle Y. said...

I love Knott's Berry Farm. What is it about kids and hotels, my kids are the same way, they love hotel pools and we have one in our backyard.

Chelsea said...

FUN! That picture of Maddox stole the show for me, its ADORABLE!!! he looks way too cute!

Janessa said...

Yes, Maddox gets the cutest picture award this time around. Glad you had a fun trip and that you were all healthy for it. My shoulder is hurting for you. What a good mommy. Good thing you have such a stylin' sling since you seem to wear it more often then not:) That's funny that Jason got sick on the roller coaster. Ya, you guys must be getting old. Since I haven't been on any kind of roller coaster in years I probably shouldn't be laughing too loud. I don't know if I could still hold my own or not.

The Crazy Wyatt Fam said...

How Fun! I love Knott's! I used to go there all the time when I was like 12 with my friends! Such good memories! :)