Friday, February 15, 2019

 Winter Hiking

We love winter hiking here in the desert. We (as in Jason and I, definitely not the kids) always wish we could do more hikes, but winter is also sports seasons and every Saturday is spent at the field or basketball court. We finally got a chance to sneak away on MLK day to hike Camelback. Camelback mountain is the most popular hike here in Phoenix, so I'm a little embarrassed that we've lived here for 15 years and I've never been. Jason took the older kids last year, but this was my first time and it was the perfect little morning date. Honestly, the hike way exceeded my expectations. It started out like any other desert hike, but as we got closer to the peak we had to start scrambling over rocks until we reached the most incredible lookout over the entire valley. Between the red rock, saguaro cactus, wildflowers and views for miles, I can see why it's such a popular hike. Loved spending the morning with Jason enjoying the great outdoors. And the kids loved spending the morning sleeping in and watching YouTube!


















1 comment:

Just me said...

Well... hello, Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and I'll toss in a Happy Birthday too. Great to see your post, after me not reading for too long. Most of all, delighted to see you and Jason are still healthy and adventuring, and therefore I deduce loving life. Beautiful photos as always J! xxx Ali