Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Visitors

Normally the idea of hosting guests while we're still living out of boxes would stress me out. But not when it's my sister. I was so excited when she stopped by for a few days, it was a much needed distraction from all the move stuff. She is one of my favorite people to hang out with, and my kids feel the same about her kids. And about her. She is one of those fun aunts and I love that she loves my kids so much. She won Ryder over with her candy picnic bribe while I had to take Kylie to pick up her school schedule and meet her teachers. She's the best.









We took a tour of my brother's dental school. It's still crazy that my baby brothers are growing into mature professionals. I still think of him as the curly haired kid smuggling Dr Pepper under his mattress.


We decided to venture out into public, like the circus freak show that we are. We took them all to the dollar theater to see Home, but promised them they could pick out candy at Winco first. I'll be honest here. I get anxiety taking more than one of my own kids to the store at the same time. 11 kids gave me cold sweats. Janessa was born for this kind of stuff. She doesn't blink an eye as the kids are playing hide and go seek behind cases of soda or racing shopping carts. She is just so calm and collected, picking out granola for an upcoming scout camp out while simultaneously whisking a crying two year old into the bathroom before he had an accident.  I just wanted to curl up in the fetal position in a corner while the kids picked which flavor of gatorade they wanted, and then each changed their minds at least 5 times. I wish I were more like Aunt Nessa. She also splurges for the good popcorn.



Ryder was smitten with his cousin, Taylor. How cute is this?? We thoroughly enjoyed their time here, I didn't want them to leave and have to face reality. Back to school shopping, painting bathrooms, picking out new furniture, hanging drapes, blah, blah, blah. But we had fun while it lasted! And now that they moved only 5 hours from us, I can't wait to be able to see them more often!


1 comment:

Janessa said...

Oh, Jame! Why have we not done this again yet?! Like every weekend and minus the WinCo stop. I'll agree, that one was a little out of our league. You're very kind though. You were seriously the best to let us stop by for a visit in the midst of your moving back in. It was SO good to see you again and I loved every second of bonding with my favorite little globe trotters!!!