Monday, October 19, 2009

Happy 1st birthday!


I know how cliche' it is to say that time flies, but I realized how true it was when I found myself carrying 11 month old Maddox around in his infant carrier with his legs hanging a foot off the end of the seat and couldn't believe that it was already time (well past time) for him to graduate to a bigger seat. How could my baby already be a year old?? He still isn't walking but he is still everyone's favorite toy and always has a smile for anyone who looks his way. It's so fun to hear him jabber, his favorite word is "ba-ba" since his bottle has become his 5th appendage, but he also loves his "da-deee" and every picture he sees he thinks is "zezus", every light is "pitty" and every food is "cheeeese". He's not a big fan of eating (unless it's cheese) but he is a big fan of exploring every square inch of the house. He's not one to crawl under my feet crying to be held, instead he takes it upon himself to pull everything out of the cupboards. We love our little Mads and the smiles, laughs and slobbery kisses that he brings to our family! For his first birthday we celebrated in the typical 3rd child fashion, which means VERY low key. We still laugh at how we invited anyone and everyone that we knew to Kylie's first birthday party. He liked his birthday pancakes, was entertained watching Kylie and Jayden open his presents, was fascinated with his new toys, had fun eating grass at a little cupcakes in the park get together with friends and devoured his cake and ice-cream when dad came home. It was funny because I asked Jason to pick up a birthday cake on his way home from work, I had visions of colorful buttercream frosting and had to laugh when he came home with a glazed walnut bundt cake. huh? Even though I didn't get the traditional frosting covered face pictures, he still loved his cake and we all had fun celebrating a wonderful first year! (1 year old stats: 24 lbs, 50-75%; 31.5 inches, 90%; head 18.25 in, 50%) 

2 comments:

Janessa said...

I can't believe he's a year old either! Man, that year flew by! I'm so glad I've met him and that we established a bond so that he'll run to my arms when I see him this summer. Okay, hopefully he'll atleast re-bond with me a little quicker anyway. I love the bunt cake. Nice choice, Jay! That totally sounds like something Ricky would do. Abby was looking at the pictures with me earlier and said, "Why does he have bread with a candle in it?" I'll bet it was delicious:)

Jodee said...

No way is that kid one! I am so sad that I haven't even met him :(
Happy Birthday Maddox!
You have been busy with the updates, I thought I was doing good but I think you blew me out of the water! Go Jame!