Saturday, October 25, 2008

Sharin' the Love


I think the hardest part about the adjustment for me is making sure that Kylie and Jayden don't feel neglected. I've noticed that my patience is shorter and I can't even count how many times a day I say "not now, wait until I finish feeding Maddox". So we've also been trying to do some special one on one time to help them adjust to the change. Last Monday while Jason was still home from work I let Jayden skip school and they had a boys day out. They went to the mall and picked out his Halloween costume, saw "Wall-E" at the good old dollar theater and even squeezed in some quality Chuck E Cheese time (I forgot to send the camera, but if you've seen one Chuck E picture, you've seen them all). Jayden was in heaven. Last night it was Kylie's turn and we had a blast with the girls going to see "High School Musical 3" and then getting ice-cream afterwards. We stayed out way past mine and Kylie's bed time, but I loved just hanging out with my little chica. It was weird to leave Maddox for the first time, I totally missed him but it was also nice to be able to give her my undivided attention. I knew it meant a lot to her too as she snuggled up to me in the theater and whispered in my ear "you're the best mom in the whole entire world!"

9 comments:

Pays said...

What a great idea! I try to do that with Brayden. How is the old High School Musical 3?

nicole said...

Jamie - I cannot believe how incredible you look!!! I'm so jealous. At that time, I still looked five months prego. Maddox is so so so cute and I'm so glad you're enjoying him instead of worrying about everything. I think that at the beginning I asked for too much advice and then drove myself crazy trying to follow all of it...I've vowed not to read any more child-rearing books :)

Janessa said...

This is the balance I'm talking about! You and Jason are such great parents! I don't know how any of your kids could feel anything but special and loved. I need to do more one no one time with my kids. That's so important. Glad you and Kylie had such a fun time together.

Michelle Y. said...

You look amazing, I can't believe you just had a baby. I think the hardest part about having 3 kids is making sure each child gets one on one attention.

Chelsea said...

Oooh that comment from Kylie made it so worth it!! that is so cute! You are such a go getter Jamie, I knew even a brand new babe would never slow you down. Too bad I didn't have a girl to bring! BOO!

Trish said...

Oh! Kylie know how to melt a mother's heart! How sweet is that?! We went to HSM3 on Saturday, too...

Jodee said...

Was it crazy with screaming tweeners? Madison hasn't mentioned it yet so we haven't been, that is fine with me, I am sure my dose of cheesy movies is coming when she hits first grade! I am glad she got her mommy time, and that you got your Ky Ky time! She is so sweet!

Julie and Matt said...

HSM3 rocks!!! That was a fun night that was. I'm so glad you got out even with a newborn at home! You look great too!

Amber! said...

New babies are so fantastic but I had...still have...the same problem. Dan is so wonderful at spending as much time with Grayson and Alora as he possibly can. My problem is that Aiden will NOT nap if he is not being held. Oh, well. This is the last time I get to hold a sleeping baby, better enjoy it while it lasts!