Thursday, August 31, 2017

TGIF

One thing about the start of school is that all the homework, carpools and schedules makes me really appreciate the freedom that comes with the weekends. And this weekend was a particularly good one. Friday night lights meant watching the sun sink below the mountains and good company around a campfire. Warm nights at the lake with friends will never get old. Neither will a game of grounders with the kids at the park, or resurrecting the traditional aggravation tournaments while eating oreo ice cream cake. It was a good weekend. 


















But as much as I love the weekends, I love a quiet house on Monday mornings just as much. Some days I feel like I have zero energy and my patience is worn so thin, I snap at the kids for little insignificant things and I'm constantly beating myself up about it. So yeah, for every beautiful sunset picture, there's always some hard days mixed in. But thank goodness for those beautiful sunset moments because that's what gets me through those hard days.










No comments: