Sunday, October 21, 2007

The Big Three-Two!


Jason's birthday was this past Friday and unfortunately he had to spend the majority of it at work. I woke up at 6:00 am to make him breakfast (kudos to me), and his co-workers took him out to lunch, so that was nice. The kids were excited to make him a cake and unanimously decided on a monster cake. It turned out cute, although it does look a little sadistic with the candles when the eye looks like it's on fire. We got to go out on an exciting date that night to dinner and shopping (thanks Michelle for watching the kids!). I never know what to get for him, so we usually just go shopping and he picks out what he wants. This year he needed more work pants and the fact that he is getting old really hit us while we spent his b-day shopping at JC Penny's. Not only is that his mom's favorite store, but we also ran into a member of the high council out shopping the same racks too. I think it was a devastating blow to his ego :) Don't be ashamed, honey--buy one pair of Dockers and get the second for 88 cents is just to much to resist, and besides, we know you are only there for work related attire....you're still cool in my eyes!

There are so many things that I love about you, hopefully you already know that, but here are just a few....(yes, some of them are repeats from the Father's day entry, but some things are just worth repeating :)

-You always make me laugh. You were voted class clown back in high school and you've still got what it takes to make me laugh. When you were the emcee (or however it's spelled) at your 10 yr high school reunion, you were so funny and had everyone cracking up, it made me proud!
-Your determination. Whenever you say you're going to do something, you do it, no questions asked.
-Your motiviation. You are such a hard worker! You don't get home from work until after 7:00 each night and you spend every Saturday out working in the yard or on some project. You never slow down and you never complain about it.
-You know how to work it. You pride yourself in always getting the best deal, and you're pretty darn good at it.
-You love to play with the kids. It's all about quality vs. quantity. You're not home much, but when you are you make the most of it. I love watching you play with the kids, whether it's hide-and-seek, riding bikes or just wrestling and having a good time.
-You are a loyal friend. I'm still amazed at how close you are to your high school "homies". Even though you're all spread out in different states you're just as close as before. When I was going through your pictures for the slide show, I had a hard time finding pictures with you by yourself. You're always the life of the party and your friends are as close as family to you. Just yesterday when you were talking to Shawn on the phone you mentioned Trent's name and Kylie told her friend that was over "oh, that's my uncle".
-You had the best pick-up line ever (I'll clarify that you were kidding around, but it still worked)--"You ever kissed a Chinaman before?" I can't say that I had, but I guess the saying is true: once you go Chinese you don't go back (okay, so maybe it's "once you go black you don't go back", but in this case I'm sticking to Chinese!)
-You've still got it. Even after 8 years of marriage, you still know how to melt my heart. I love having our late night conversations when we're laying in bed after the kids are asleep. We both keep saying that we better go to sleep because we have to wake up early, but before we know it an hour has passed and we're still laughing and talking about who knows what.
-You're a cutie. I love watching you on the wakeboard and snowboard, you would never guess that you were 32 :) I also like hearing stories about you back in the day when you were a little punk. There's no way we would have dated back in high school, but you've mellowed out now and it still makes me laugh to hear about your "bad boy" days. I just hope those mischevious genes of yours don't pass on to our kids!
-You know me better than anyone else. You can sense when I'm sad or upset, you know what makes me happy, I can never hide anything from you, I trust you to buy clothes for me because you know what I like, and you even know exactly what to order for me at any restraunt we go to.
-You're a worthy priesthood holder. This one is probably the most important quality. There's a peace in our home that can only be brought about by your priesthood power. I'm grateful for your righteous example to our kids and how you honor your priesthood, thankyou!

There's so many other reasons that I love you. You are an amazing person and my perfect match. I love how we balance each other out so well, I can't imagine my life with anyone else but you! Thanks for being my best friend, happy birthday, Babe!!

7 comments:

Janessa said...

Happy birthday Jay!!! I was thinking about you all day and hoping that you were having a happy birthday. Just because I didn't call doesn't mean I don't care and that your birthday isn't written on our calendar (really it is!). I just didn't want to interupt the festivities. I love the slide show. If shopping at JC Penny's with the high councilor didn't make you feel old enough, I'm sure the black and white old fashioned film did the trick. We love you tons Jason and are so glad to have you in the fam!!!

I won't point out that I'm the first comment for the second week in a row because that might sound kind of nerdy.

Michelle Y. said...

Happy birthday Jason! Jason? Punk? Hhmmm, that is really funny. I love the video, it is so fun to see both of your b-day videos and the "back in the day" pictures. Trevor told me about your monster cake when he got home last night so it must have been good, he described it to me in perfect detail :)

DAVE AND CANDACE BOLLARD said...

Happy Birthday Jason! Dave's B-day is Wednesday and he's an old man now too. It doesn't seem like you could ask for a better life than you have though. You have the greatest wife ever, and your kids are great too!

kemptons said...

I am gonna cry after reading that. Jamie you are soooo good with words. Happy Birthday Jason. Wow 32 huh. You would never guess it. Hope you had a great day. It seems like forever since we've seen you guys. When we are down for the holidays we have to do a date night or something.

Chelsea said...

HA! I am dying over the "african american" version of Jason! SO funny! What a sweet wifey you are!! he is lucky to have you as well!

Suni said...

Jamie you are so sweet! Happy Birthday to Jason, what a great month to be born!!

Jodee said...

Happy Birthday Jason! I have to add one more thing to your list- Your related to Brigham Young! You can't forget that one! =)