Tuesday, January 15, 2019

December

We started the month out making our holiday bucket list and spent the rest of the month checking things off..Making gingerbread houses, homemade donuts and hot chocolate, decorating Christmas cookies, going ice-skating, watching Elf, playing in the snow, reading 'Twas the Night Before Christmas, making a new ornament, baking gingerbread men cookies, having a family game night, reading Christmas stories, watching the Polar Express, doing an act of service, donating to a family in need, watching the Christmas Devotional, making paper snowflakes, decorating their bedrooms for Christmas, pancakes and pajamas, golf cart ride to look at lights, visiting Santa, delivering neighbor treats, mailing Christmas cards, making homemade toffee, drinking egg nog and visiting a new light display. It was a lot to pack into one month, but I love the memories and how festive it makes the season feel!









Maddox and his little crafting heart took it to the next level when he busted out the glue gun!








I've always wanted to decorate the kids rooms for Christmas and this year I finally did it. I would like to think that they had nothing but visions of sugarplums dancing in their heads as they fell asleep under the soft glow of Christmas lights. It just added a new element of magic and coziness to the holiday season. 






Fall makes its debut a few months late around here, but it's always been a December tradition to play in the leaves.





I thought the lego days were over so it made me so happy to see these boys pull out the bins and play together all afternoon



We went to the Whitmore's annual Christmas party with the only kids that still like to hang out with us on the weekends. It made me so sad that we had to bribe the boys to talk with Santa, they are too young to outgrow Santa! He even had a real beard.



They had a youth ice skating activity and my friend texted me this picture, it made me so happy!


Kylie had a hair show at Evit and they rocked it! She is loving the program and is learning so much.


The O'Reagan's had their annual Christmas party as well. The highlight for the boys was the arcade, soda machine and watching them burn last year's Christmas tree.


I usually wait to wrap the presents until right before Christmas. This year the kids convinced me to do it earlier and I immediately regretted it. They kept a running tally of who had the most presents and they had managed to guess almost every single gift. 


It was such a busy but such a fun month, but I was just as excited as the kids once Christmas finally came!

No comments: