Thursday, June 28, 2018

It's that time of year

We always look forward to the end of tax season and not for the usual reason, but because it means that my accountant brother and his family comes down for a vacation. Our kids get a long so well with theirs and it's always a good time. I took them to the Superstition mountains to hike because I think it has such a pretty desert landscape and because last time we went we got caught in frigid wind storm. Frigid being relative. The boys weren't too excited about hiking, until they had the great idea to bring their nerf guns, then a boring old hike turned into Desert Storm. 






And we couldn't drive by Goldfield Ghost Town and not stop. It is where the legend of the Yellow Shorts Man resides when we went here years ago with my family. It's essentially a tourist trap where you have to pay for everything, but we did splurge on a few bucks for the target shooting game. It's just a fun place to walk around and imagine what life in the Wild West was really like.















We tagged along to Sam's niece's birthday party at San Tan Flats. I have been wanting to go here for a while so I was excited to get an invite. Granted, it was a little toasty warm to be roasting marshmallows, but it was a fun atmosphere. Maddox staked out a front row seat and patiently waited for an hour as the live band set up, only to be disappointed that it was time to leave as soon as they were about to start. I guess we'll just have to go back another time!





Of course we had to fit in a lake day. No ropes were caught in the prop so it was a good day.






We escaped for a date night to Joe's BBQ where we ate under the patio lights and the Youngs totally beat the Jolleys at corn hole. Not that it was a competition, but it was totally a competition. We just love their family and the time we get to spend with them every April!






1 comment:

Just me said...

You take wonderful photos, J! I'm always so happy to see a post from you. Don't stop! PS I noticed that you seem to be doing a bit of a catchup... April post being posted in June? Well, I say, nothing wrong with that, nothing whatsoever. Always gives me a laugh, a smile, and much joy to read you!